Ikaros Solar Belgium NV - Fulltime (40 uur) - 2900
Main objective of the Construction Manager will be to manage the construction department following the requirements of each project and advising the Project Managers and Site Managers
The Construction Manager, will manage the execution for the design and build out of commercial solar projects with a focus on the following aspects:
- Support project managers through the execution phase of the project by hosting regular subcontractor meetings, ensure design and documentation is up to date, help manage procurement and logistics, coordinate inspections, conduct regular site visits and other aspects of project execution is being conducted on time to ensure proper project close out.
- Engage cross-functional teams (e.g., engineering and project management, etc) to ensure successful project execution
- Report regularly to operation director on all aspects of the project schedule as it relates to permitting, material purchase and delivery and the construction process.
- Manage multiple deadlines, included but not limited to internal, customer and third-party requirements.
- Review the construction plans, phasing, safety, quality, etc.
- Tirelessly seek to find cost savings on projects. This includes but is not limited to value engineering, assist PM’s in estimations, project budgets, change order negotiation. Find areas where costs can be taken out of project.
- Negotiate with owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Departments and Programs to coordinate and conduct site visits, audits and reports throughout projects
- Submit regular reports on site activities to the company board of directors.
- Attend subcontractor meeting to maintain a good partnership
- Preform regular walk throughs for quality, safety, and progress records and manage progress photos
- Define the procedures to be implemented on site
- Conduct regular QHSE audits, coordinate with HSE department
- Implement and enforce the QHSE standards, HSE plans, OSHE requirements and compliance with all the personnel.
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Construction management experience in the solar industry
- Ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter
- General construction experience
- High level of project construction knowledge and subcontractor relationships
- Ability to travel
- Certificate or Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with +5 years of experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, MSProject, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint etc..
- Project management or other experience in power generation industries
Stuur je sollicitatie naar: firstname.lastname@example.org