Project Manager, Solar Energy
COFRA Holding - Fulltime (40 uur) - Jachthavenweg 111, 1081KM, Amsterdam
Job title: Project Manager, Solar Energy
Reporting to: COFRA Head of Strategy; Redevco Head of Sustainability
Contract term: 12 months (with option to renew)
Location: Zaventem / Amsterdam
Start date: ASAP
COFRA Holding AG has decided to invest in solar energy to reduce its carbon footprint while generating attractive financial returns.
As part of this strategy, COFRA has decided to launch a rooftop solar energy development project in close collaboration with its portfolio companies; starting with real estate firm Redevco, but thereafter also including retail business C&A and private equity firm Bregal. In the coming calendar year, it is the ambition of COFRA to develop solar energy on twelve of Redevco’s buildings (covering a total surface area of ~200,000 m2). By December 2020, we have the ambition to have 5 roofs operational (with the rest still in process). If successful, the ambition thereafter is to roll out solar energy across a much wider portfolio of COFRA assets.
We are seeking a solar energy project manager with experience in Europe to deliver this (pilot) project. The candidate will work closely with the COFRA strategy team and Redevco project team. If all goes well, this role could be extended into a longer term position rolling out solar across the wider portfolio (and potentially beyond).
To learn more about COFRA Holding AG, please visit http://www.cofraholding.com/
The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of COFRA. The role will involve frequent interaction with the COFRA Strategy team and Redevco project team.
Reports to: Jheroen Muste, COFRA Head of Strategy and Clemens Brenninkmeijer, Redevco Head of Sustainability
Other key relationships: Redevco Asset Managers and Project Management team; Redevco Executives; COFRA Strategy team; COFRA CEO
(S)he will have responsibility for:
- Procurement: selection of partner for solar energy development and EPC activities. COFRA has created an initial list of project developers/EPC companies and started to prepare a tender (including evaluation criteria) for the selection of a partner. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Evaluate the bids based on the pre-defined set of evaluation criteria
- Prepare consolidated analysis of the contract terms and conditions to highlight the areas of risk and recommendations for their mitigation
- Lead negotiations with solar project developers/EPC companies together with COFRA Strategy team and Redevco project team
- Project management: proactively and autonomously manage identified solar energy projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Flag issues to COFRA strategy and Redevco project team in case milestones or budget slip:
- Collect and share data required by solar installers to conduct feasibility assessments, submit subsidy applications and liaise with grid operators. This will include data on rooftop stability, tenant electricity consumption profiles and rooftop insurance certificates.
- Coordinate with EPC teams from selected partner before and during execution of solar energy projects
- Coordinate resources and installation schedules between key stakeholders (i.e. asset managers, tenants, and solar project developers) to ensure alignment and timely completion
- Serve as a point-of-contact for key stakeholders during each project
- Provide monthly updates to COFRA strategy team and Redevco project team on project progress and identify red flags if interventions are needed
- Report to COFRA Head of Strategy and Redevco Head of Sustainability on project status, risks and costs
- Build solar capability within our organisation:
- Work with COFRA and Redevco to build a repeatable model and capability in solar development and installation. Based on the successes and learnings of the initial 12 assets, develop a solar “how-to” guide
- Establish COFRA's credibility in the solar energy sector while embodying and communicating to the market COFRA's mission to be a force for good
- New project generation: should the role be renewed, we would expect this candidate to initiate new solar energy projects within COFRA portfolio companies, including:
- Convert existing identified solar pipeline into realised solar opportunities by working with internal stakeholders to check feasibility
- Take ownership of and update financial business model
- Prepare investment proposals (incl. budgeting) for new solar energy projects to COFRA CEO/ Board to request funding
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to create buy-in for initiation of new solar energy projects
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Commitment: Full-time position
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics and key competencies:
- Proven track record in solar project development/project management, preferably with (rooftop) solar PV projects in Europe
- Master or bachelor degree in a relevant area of expertise (e.g. engineering, construction, sustainability, business)
- Affinity with technical and financial feasibility assessment of solar projects
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French in word and writing
- Personality, mind-set, and long-term approach that fits well with the mission-driven approach of this initiative and family-led businesses, and an ability to inspire trust
- Strong empathy and communication skills; ability to get ‘buy-in’ from a range of stakeholders
- Self-awareness, maturity, irreproachable integrity
Family-owned for six generations, COFRA is united around a common mission – to amaze customers and be a force for good. The enterprise cares deeply about people and the communities it serves, striving to have a lasting positive impact on society and the environment. Like-minded professionals throughout the organisation share in the family owners’ mission to make a real difference every day.
The fashion retail company C&A is the oldest business in the group, dating back to 1841. Redevco, a commercial real estate business with a focus on retail was founded in 1999, and Bregal, a global private equity firm in 2002. For almost a century, Anthos Fund & Asset Management (AFAM) has provided comprehensive asset management to the family, their philanthropies and various pension funds of COFRA entities. In addition to the businesses, the family supports a wide range of philanthropic endeavors in support of climate change and human dignity.
COFRA's large asset portfolio across multiple business provides an opportunity for a longer term role where you can make a meaningful contribution to address climate change.
Please submit CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Friday 20 March
Stuur je sollicitatie naar: firstname.lastname@example.org