Business Development Manager Belgium
Ikaros Solar Belgium NV - Fulltime (40 uur) - 2900
Job Function description
Business Development Manager
- Confidential -
Ikaros Solar, headquartered in Belgium and active in 7 European countries is involved in all aspects of PV applications. It is an important market player in large photovoltaic roof installations in Europe with an impressive client list that includes Fortune 500 companies like Ikea, Philips, Carrefour and Johnson & Johnson. Moreover, it is cooperating with major PV investors on a long-term basis.
Background and role purpose
In line with its strategic growth ambitions, Ikaros Solar is now looking to hire a Belgium Business Development Manager. The mission is to close new PV contracts primarily in Belgium to the extent required.
This manager will bring in business expertise and commercial skills in order to identify and conclude EPC, PPA, rooftop lease and O&M contracts. He will also be expected to provide vision and leadership to the organization by building and maintaining the overall commercial culture of Ikaros Solar in the Benelux market.
The BD/Sales Manager will report to the local Managing Director.
The PV industry in the BNL is growing. Government and private initiatives are keen to boost the application of renewable energy. Energy is a critical resource and therefor highly regulated. Private initiatives are paramount in the BNL and Ikaros is a pioneer in setting up deals without any government incentives. There are government incentives, ever changing, that need to be understood and taken advantage of. Nevertheless, even without government incentives, PV is viable.
The BD Manager will primarily work with ‘PV investors’, and these may be business/roof owners, but also professional investment funds including the company-own fund. He needs to understand their investment needs and criteria and offer optimal solutions. The technical aspects of these solutions need to be coordinated with the Ikaros technical staff. These solutions will continuously need to be tailored with the investor.
The contracts that the BD Manager has to conclude are fairly extensive contracts in the case of contracts for EPC services. Templates are available. In cases where the investor does not own the building or land on which the PV system is located, he will need to conclude electricity sales/purchase contracts with these owners (“PPA contracts”).
The BD Manager will remain into the construction project as the Client Executive dealing with all contractual and commercial matters.
- Significant input into the development of the sales plan
- Local implementation of marketing concepts, approaches and best practices
- Proactively sustaining the positive image of the company with customers, partners and business community
- Interact as the face of the company to customers, business partners and the wider business community
- Contributing to the investment prospectus
Ideal candidate profile
- 10+ years work experience in a similar business development role (not necessarily in the PV industry)
- Demonstrated success in increasing revenue and profitability
- Track record of achievement in developing business in immature markets
- Higher education degree
- strategic planning and thinking
- business judgment and financial insight
- influencing and decision making skills
- entrepreneurial mindset
- focus for achievement and passion for growing the business
- fluent language proficiency in Dutch and English and French
- PV market knowledge gathering as a bonus
- Mix Fixed – Variable : 70%-30%
- Expenses are reimbursed
- Contractual relationship preferred : Independent Service Provider
Stuur je sollicitatie naar: firstname.lastname@example.org